Just Google It
Potential customers use Google every day to find all kinds of products or services, so you want to make sure your website ranks high on the search engine giant’s rankings. Among the many steps our search engine optimization (SEO) specialists recommend are:
- Avoid links to sites that are spam-like, have poor-quality content, or have no relevance to your business. Google’s technology routinely spots such links, and it can hurt your ranking on search result pages. If you find a low-quality site that is linking to your business site, contact the webmaster and ask to have it removed.
- Stay away from paid links and other link schemes to artificially increase your site’s visibility. Google looks upon this practice unfavorably, and it could hurt your rankings.
- Instead, add high-quality, interesting, up-to-date content that will attract Internet users naturally. This will go a long way toward boosting your Google rankings.
- Stay away from hiding keywords on a page to try to make your site more relevant to a search query than it actually is. Don’t stuff a page with keywords, use sneaky re-directs, or other manipulative tactics, either. All of these methods will hurt your Google results.
- Practice good site architecture, fast page loading, clickable navigation, and general, strong user experience and usability. You will notice better Google search results.
This is only the tip of the iceberg of sound SEO practices. Contact our SEO department today with questions, or for more information.
Posted on behalf of G.Cheesemanby